KOKOMO, Ind. (WISH) – Food, live music and – for the first time – arts and crafts will be part of the Kokomo Strawberry Festival on Friday around Courthouse Square.
The 24th annual festival runs from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday in front of the courthouse at 104 N. Buckeye St.
Strawberries with shortcake is the main draw, but the first-time event will also include the Art Market and Arts-a-palooza experience. About 7,000 people are expected, according to the local Web page.
Tickets for the Homemade Strawberry Shortcake with Ice Cream and Whipped Cream are $6. Greater Kokomo Visitors Bureau says tickets are available at the event or sold in advance at all Kokomo-Howard County Public Library locations (including bookmobiles), the office of the Greater Kokomo Economic Development Alliance at the inside Inventrek and all First Farmers Bank & Trust Kokomo locations. Shortbread will be served until 7 p.m. or while supplies last.
Other goodies will be available from local food trucks.
First Farmers Bank & Trust is the sponsor of the free event.
Here is the live music lineup:
- 11 a.m.-11:05 a.m.: Opening of the event with national anthem by Ione Wallsmith.
- 11.05am-11.30am: Ione Wallsmith.
- 11:30 a.m. to noon: Bijou Jasay.
- 12 p.m.-1 p.m.: The Rum Family.
- 1-2 p.m.: Page Brothers Acoustics.
- 3-3:15 p.m.: Dan Neher and Tim Edwards.
- 3:15-3:35 p.m.: Tim Edwards.
- 3:35-3:55 p.m.: Asia Newby.
- 3:55-4:20 p.m.: Lauren Brantley.
- 4:20-4:50 p.m.: Bekah Cripe.
- 5-5:30 p.m.: Kokomo Park Band.
- 5:40-6:10 p.m.: Chris Kosiak.
- 6.20-7.20 p.m.: Spice rack.
- 7:309 p.m.: Brothers page.