CIAF is committed to strengthening and celebrating culture, creating professional development opportunities for artists, and cultural exchange between native and Torres Strait Islanders and visitors.
CIAF focuses on providing an ethical art market, attracting national and international collectors and curators, commissioning new work, and providing pathways for emerging visual and performance artists.
ART MARKET GUIDELINES
The CIAF art market is organized and all potential art market dealers are required to meet the following criteria:
- Products must be creative and original works; independent designs or products of a handmade nature.
- The presentation of the work should be professional with the finished product(s), including the professional quality of any images or materials used to market your brand.
- Products must demonstrate a commitment to independent design, adopting and/or utilizing traditional craftsmanship, new technologies in art and design and/or innovative manufacturing methods.
- Works must not be designed or created by Indigenous artists and/or designers who have been commissioned by a commercial enterprise.
- Work must comply with the CIAF culture code.
- Deadline for submitting applications: Friday, April 22
- Payment of stand fees due: Friday, April 29
- Art Market Install: Tuesday, July 5, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Art Fair Bump out: Sunday July 10, 3:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
ART MARKET OPENING HOURS:
- Wednesday (Opening Night) July 6, 6-10 p.m.
- Thursday, July 7, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday, July 8, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday July 9, 9am-5pm
- Sunday July 10, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For more information, visit CIAF